BrandSimple is an excellent book about brands and the branding process. The book clearly defines the meaning of brand, branding, brand idea, brand strategy, and brand signals.
It is not the easiest book to read, but it remains very funny thanks to the concrete examples, which are presented all along the book.
- Understand that brand (associations/feelings) and branding (process) are different concepts.
- Establish a differentiated meaning for your brand that the consumers you want to reach care about.
- Know exactly who you want to talk to.
- To find a different and relevant brand idea, look for the obvious.
- Make sure your brand idea aligns with your business strategy.
- Capture the essence of your brand idea in a brand driver-a simple statement of what your brand stands for.
- Draw a map of the customer's journey with your brand.
- Pick your battles: Invest in customer interactions with the greatest potential to drive consumer perception.
- Remember, only the paranoid survive and don’t lose the center.
- Remember that brand building is a marathon event.
The impact is important both for beginners as well as for experts. The presented concepts are simple to put in place and the given examples are inspiring.
- rating Amazon – 4.7/5.0 (64 reviews)
- my rating - 4.0/5.0
- fun factor - 4.0/5.0
- simplicity - 3.5/5.0
- impact - 4.0/5.0